emco NDT 100-S Automatic Wet Expansion Tester for 3 Testing Standards
Automatic Wet Expansion tester according to Fenchel, Mütek CD and MD in one device
The new emco NDT Wet Expansion tester for paper realizes a dynamic measuring principle for the determination of the wet stretch course. The testing of wet stretch of paper is relevant for the assessment of the material behaviour in manufacturing process as well as in application only when a dynamic measurement procedure is used.
The expansion measurement of a paper sample can be performed in different test liquids. In combination with immersion and expansion time the application process can be optimally simulated.
Expansion of paper caused by liquids means the swelling of the fibers by absorption of liquid. Thereby paper fibers swell less in machine direction than in cross direction. Equivalent results arise from wet stretch measurements at standard climatic conditions (23 °C, 50 % rH) and defined counterweights (Fenchel, Mütek CD, Mütek MD).
- Non-contact measurement value acquisition via laser sensor excludes peripheral influences such as friction or counterforces of the transducer
- Digital measurement resolution 0.01 %
- Variable test time from 1 to 900 seconds
- Automatic zero adjustment and compensation of clamping errors
- Graphical representation of the measurement process
- Menu-guided switching between standards possible
- Transfer of measurement data to PC (measurement report)
- Low operating effort due to magnetic clamps (less than 30 seconds)
- Integrated climatic sensor
- Sample preparation with the electric Multi Sample Slitter emco MSS or Sample Cutting emco PZS (optional)
The expansion measurement of paper is used in research & development and quality control for:
- Decor paper
- Poster paper
- Speciality papers
- All papers in further processing
50 mm x 100 mm (15 mm x 100 mm optional)
1 – 900 seconds
110 .. 230 V, 50/60 Hz
6 bar, filtered, oil-free according to ISO 8573-1:2001 Class 6-3-4
- NDT Immersion appliance: 200 mm x 650 mm x 300 mm
- NDT Control unit: 390 mm x 130 mm x 210 mm
Downloads / Documents
emco PPA – Paper Testing Automat
Configurable, compact testing automates for fully automatic proof of cross-sections of paper, paper board and carton for the use in testing laboratories and on the machine
emco IBT Internal Bond Tester
Determination of splitting strength of the structure of paper, paper board, compound systems, etc. according to TAPPI and ISO
emco Internal Bond Pendulum Check
The emco Internal Bond Pendulum Check is used to test Internal Bond test devices.
emco GPR Precision Smoothness Tester according to Bekk
Testing instrument for paper, paperboard or film to determine the smoothness of Bekk according to DIN 53107 and Zellcheming V/23/73
emco MSS Multi Sample Slitter
Electric sample slitter for simultaneous cutting up to 7 stripes with fixed width out of one paper.
emco PZS Sample Cutting
Lever cutting machine with mounted measuring caliper for fast production of test strips for standard-compliant paper testing
emco PTM 5 – Thickness measuring device
Battery-powered, electronic mobile measuring device for the determination of the thickness of non-metal materials, such as papers, textiles, veneers, wood, leather, rubber, plastic and glass