Dynamic Penetration Measurement
emco DPM applications
- Examination of paper structures by means of water penetration of front and back side
- Detection of surface and internal sizing as well as starch
- Analysis of coated papers and coating base papers with various liquids
- Analysis and detection of the capillarity of paper
- Analysis of the wetting phase with various liquids, with correlations to printability, mottling, blistering, lacquering, penetration from printing colours, moisturisers, InkJet colours etc.
- Examination of decor papers and laminates, dynamics of impregnating resin absorption
- Newsprint: analysis of short-term hydrophobicity, absorption behaviour of printing inks and wetting agents, dynamics of expansion
- Label papers (all preliminary and intermediate stages), analysis of printed labels, verification of embossing, lacquer penetration, detachment behaviour with caustic soda lye up to 90 °C
- Examination of special papers, felts, cigarette papers, filter papers, etc.
- Complaint processing (printing, laminating, stamping, lay-flat, fanning-out effects)
- Carrying out job measurements, interpretation aids
- Simultaneous measurement of ultrasonic transmission and expansion
- Combination of ultrasound transmission and expansion
- Absolute signal calibration (dB) always provides the reference to the statics of the paper (stiffness, E-modulus, fiber bonding, wet fixed bonding)
Successful application of the measurement method - worldwide.
The following materials, liquids and their interactions have been tested so far:
- Cardboard, paperboard
- Wood up to 10 mm
- Water and liquids
- Coating colours
- Printing inks and components
- Toluene, acetone
- Impregnating resins
- Acids etc.
The dynamic penetration measurement of emco used as an innovative method for analysis of the nature of paper and other materials, liquids and the dynamic of their interaction.
The emco DDPM – expansion module as a integral part of the DPM system solution for
the determination of dynamic of the wet expansion of paper