emco PPA Paper Testing Automat
With the emco PPA paper testing automat it is possible to determine the smoothness according to Bekk, the porosity according to Gurley, the thickness, the moisture and the grammage.
The concept of emco is based on small, compact laboratory testing machines which are optimized for the special requirements of one product group. They offer all advantages of the automated paper testing technique and their use is recommendable for the quality management as well of the paper producer as of the paper converters.
Automated paper testing is the clear trend of the modern quality management.
Automatisierte Papierprüfung ist der eindeutige Trend des modernen Qualitätsmanagements.
- Increase of the power of quality management without additional staff
- Faster availability of the results of the current production control
- Pinpoint classification of the test parameters to machine geometry
- Configuration of the automates for special test features and paper grades
- Testing of longitudinal and cross profiles as well as testing at the single sheet
- Customer specific combination of modules for non-destructive paper testing. Currently pssible: grammage, thickness, porosity, smoothness, moisture; in development: gloss, scarredness, sheet formation, whiteness/color, ash content (NIR)
- Constant information about the equilibrium moisture and condition of the sample
- Automation of the measurement data acquisition, management and evaluation as well as the integration into existing corporate networks
- Interactive remote maintenance as well as an all-inclusive-service ensure an availability of 98 %
- Extremely compact bench-top instruments with minimum space requirement
- Application of standardized test procedures (DIN, ISO, TAPPI) without required special knowledge of the user
- Quality control for paper manufacturers
- Control in the finishing process
Width of paper
310 ±5 mm
Smoothness acc. to Bekk
Porosity acc. to Gurley
TAPPI T 460, ISO 5636/5
50 up to 400 g/m² ±0.2 g/m²
Paper and surrounding
115/230 V; 60/50 Hz with UPS
6 bar, dried and oil-free
Overall dimensions (LxWxH)
1250 mm x 1200 mm x 620 mm (without desk)
approx. 150 kg
Downloads / Documents
emco NDT Wet Expansion Tester
For determining the wet expansion of paper and paperboard according to Fenchel, Mütek MD und Mütek CD
emco IBT Internal Bond Tester
Determination of splitting strength of the structure of paper, paper board, compound systems, etc. according to TAPPI and ISO
emco Internal Bond Pendulum Check
The emco Internal Bond Pendulum Check is used to test Internal Bond test devices.
emco GPR Precision Smoothness Tester according to Bekk
Testing instrument for paper, paperboard or film to determine the smoothness of Bekk according to DIN 53107 and Zellcheming V/23/73
emco MSS Multi Sample Slitter
Electric sample slitter for simultaneous cutting up to 7 stripes with fixed width out of one paper.
emco PZS Sample Cutting
Lever cutting machine with mounted measuring caliper for fast production of test strips for standard-compliant paper testing
emco PTM 5 – Thickness measuring device
Battery-powered, electronic mobile measuring device for the determination of the thickness of non-metal materials, such as papers, textiles, veneers, wood, leather, rubber, plastic and glass