Dynamic of Capillarity
- Indirect determination of the dynamics by ultrasonic transmission measurement emcoDPM via air elimination by penetrating monopolar liquid into the cavities of the paper.
- By sample preparation on a carrier, one-sided or two-sided liquid contact is possible.
- Measurements with monopolar liquids, standardised n-heptane.
- Fibrillation of the fibre wall (refining) becomes visible.
Measurements and results
- emco1 (tStart) to emco7 (tEnd) of page 1 and 2 in the printing process-relevant period (tStart to tEnd), which is chosen according to the print technique
Significance for the printing process
- Ink absorption
- Ink drying
- Ink anchorage
- Ink construction
- Colour impression, gloss
- Intensity range of printing speed
- Sideness (differences between side 1 and side 2)
- Printing phenomena: smudging, depositing, block up, agglutinate, doubling, ghosting, hardening
emco DDPM – Dynamic Penetration Measurement
The emco DDPM – expansion module as a integral part of the DPM system solution for
the determination of dynamic of the wet expansion of paper
The dynamic penetration measurement of emco used as an innovative method for analysis of the nature of paper and other materials, liquids and the dynamic of their interaction.